This is an old story, but I need material for this blog.
When I took Megan to school this morning she pointed out that the "car stopper", or crossing guard, was wearing a new outfit-- head to toe bright orange, hood included. I have to mention that I think the car stopper is Weird Al Yakovic (spelling? anyone?) because not only does he have the permed mullet but also because who else could afford to only work 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the afternoon? I mean, besides your boss. I topped my boss a few times back in my Oxford days though when I started out the morning with email and web surfing and then decided to see how long I could do that before someone noticed. Later that week...
I know, it's going to be great for the American work force if I ever decide to get paid to work again. Just in case that day comes, I bought myself an orange jacket at the Gap the other day. I thought it would be good for walking (hard to get noticed in a college town if you're not 20 and jogging in a tank top) but perhaps it will lead to a new career...
No comments:
Post a Comment