I have recently threatened to get Sean a Smart Car, that new teeny tiny Mercedes that is popular in Europe (or so I hear, I don't even have a passport). He is working hard to kill the 94 Volvo that he limps to work each day so we are preparing to replace it when the big day comes. My mom is horrified by this idea as she thinks it is too dangerous. Come on, a Smart Car for a smart guy, it's fitting. Then he can drink his Smart Water on his way to work.
Speaking of Smart Water, a while back I discovered some in my grocery bag when I got home. I didn't think I bought any but sure enough, according to my receipt I in fact paid $2 for that. I'm guessing some smart a** cashier thought it would hilarious to stick some in with my order to show I'm just another one of those women who don't realize what they're buying or how much they're paying for it. Apparently I am not smart enough to catch them in the act. I sent it to work with Sean and told him to offer a sip to anyone who stopped by with a stupid question for him. He was afraid his heavily unionized staff would grieve it to the union and he would spend many hours meeting with the lawyer. Not a smart use of time.
Speaking of Smart Water, a while back I discovered some in my grocery bag when I got home. I didn't think I bought any but sure enough, according to my receipt I in fact paid $2 for that. I'm guessing some smart a** cashier thought it would hilarious to stick some in with my order to show I'm just another one of those women who don't realize what they're buying or how much they're paying for it. Apparently I am not smart enough to catch them in the act. I sent it to work with Sean and told him to offer a sip to anyone who stopped by with a stupid question for him. He was afraid his heavily unionized staff would grieve it to the union and he would spend many hours meeting with the lawyer. Not a smart use of time.
1 comment:
Actually I am very intrigued by the Smart Car. Paul, Julie's dad , has been wanting to get a golf cart for running around the beach. Then I saw the Smart Car in the newspaper, several of them are running around Corpus Christi. It looks like the same size and even style as a beach golf carts. But cuter colors. And the Smart Car has/is a safety pod.
Post a Comment