Saturday, April 11, 2009

Foxy!


Megan has a great eye for noticing wildlife in our yard and this morning she saw a fox. It was much closer at first but by the time I could get outside to get a photo (camera focuses on the screen if I try inside) the fox had run off a bit. I was shocked that she was right, I figured it was just some dog running through our yard but I do believe she was right. Check out the tail.

10 comments:

Katie said...

that is a fox - that's kind of cool, but will they now be afraid to go outside?

Unknown said...

nice capture Julie, that is crazy.

Marjie said...

Are you sure it isn't a wolf? No I guess it couldn't be unless it got out of the house. Good eye Megan. Grandpa

Stephanie said...

I knew Grandpa would be impressed!
Very cool.

VAMOM said...

I actually went to Ask.com to see what the difference between a coyote and a fox was...although it is most likely a fox it seemed big to me. Maybe just your camera zooming in. We have a red fox at Wintergreen but it is smaller I think.

Marjie said...

For sure a fox, we have a den down the road from us. They eat a lot of mice. Good to have around.

julie said...

Oh, it was little, I am zoomed in a lot, then I cropped it way down so you could see it (and photoshopped to make it stand out more). It was pretty reddish also with a big fluffy tail that is hard to see in this shot. Now that Megan has seen how little it is in person she is no longer afraid of them.

H said...

It's really cute. So glad to hear Megan isn't scarred for life by this sighting! Great picture.
Don't tell her we have had wolf sightings here in the last several months. Creepy.

Jennifer Walker said...

I'm going to show this to Josh and see if it looks like what he saw in our driveway...at night...when our dog was outside...going toward our dog! He didn't get THAT close, maybe across the drive way, but luckily Josh was watching out the window and scared it off. Not a fan of the fox! Could you keep it at your end of the street, please?:)

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

We've had "fox alerts" all winter because I guess these foxes liked to eat little doggies. They kept running through our backyard and I would point them out to Parker. He couldn't say the "x" sound so he would stand by the window yelling "FOK" "FOK!" I encouraged him to say it. I am so mature.