Friday, February 20, 2015

Catholic Schools Week

Clearly I am so behind on this blog, but will try to catch up before the paint fumes wear off. The end of January was Catholic Schools Week so the kids had lots of special days and lots of special things for me to remember....
Emily so proud to wear her bathrobe to school on pajama day. She aspires to be me one day and have a daytime bathrobe of her own.

 Mass with the Bishop, he's there somewhere. Love all the uniforms as always!
 This must have been wacky Wednesday. Even Anna got into it this year for the first time ever.
 I mean, really into it. I guess this was back when we had a mild winter. Not so mild lately but seeing these shorts and tank tops in January is a nice memory.
 At the pep rally on Thursday all the classes get to compete in some games. Patrick's class did the shoe race where each kid takes their shoes off and puts them in a pile at the end of the gym. Then they race down there, find their shoes, and race back. So, pretty much what Patrick does every morning in our laundry room. The training paid off, and I say this as a parent whose children have never won a single thing: he smoked them all. It was kind of ridiculous and I'm so sorry that I didn't think to video it. Poor Sean showed up moments later but I filled him in and he got to give Patrick some high fives at least.
 (These are obviously iPhone photos, in case there was any question about why the quality is so terrible). Here is Anna doing the balloon popping race for her class. Hilarious as always.
 Here is Megan sitting with her class before they did a basketball shoot out game. I am so sure that she was delighted we showed up. Cramping her style.
 Ah, the perfect end to CSW, Patrick misspelling Catholic on his spelling test. So proud.
Family fun night on Friday where Sean and I worked the bingo game. Emily won at the end of the night finally and picked out a lovely princess bath set.
 Thankfully we had another parent helping with the bingo so neither of us had to work the microphone.
The culinary highlight of the week: sending Emily to win the Radina's cake at the cake walk first thing. Then we sat with the other parents and snorked it down while the kids played games. Or ran around, whatever, I didn't care much. Met some family there checking out the school as we were leaving... oh boy, what a night to come see us all in action. Come on back now!
To end Catholic Schools Week the 5th grade (the ones who were healthy) sang in the church choir. And the week after CSW was sick week, followed by another sick week, followed by a 4 day weekend. Out of 300 students, 50 would be out each day. Patrick missed a few and so did Megan but that was stomach flu, not the respiratory stuff a lot of others had.

I will put all the painting updates in another post. 192 hours down. Phase one almost complete, I am so close.

No comments: