Sean went to the classroom parties for Valentine's Day this year as it conflicted with setting up for the gala. It's good for him to be involved. He has also been doing a lot of kid driving this month as I was so busy with meetings and painting. He is currently in the middle of an 11 day/night run of shifts, so a good use of our snowy weather.
Emily sugar up time.
So innocent. Until the candy dip stick stuff kicks in...
MCS also hosted donuts after mass and had a record turnout. Might have been the real coffee we were serving. I checked a lot of events off my list this month, ready for some slow months now.
Flashback to getting ready for Valentine's Day. Sean was roped into helped because I was overcome by paint fumes and just couldn't stop. I had so many days chopped up with no real time to paint so on other days I would ignore everything else and go for 11 hours.
This was Emily's first attempt at outfit for Valentine's Day. I think she was confused by these real tights. She is used to wearing leggings all the time and thus thought tights with a shirt would be acceptable (pink and red of course go together for Valentine's Day...). Got her into some jeans instead. Reputation preserved.
After months of planning we finally had the Raise the Roof Gala for the McCain. Annette was on the committee with me, as were Linda and Heather but unfortunately they couldn't make it. I ate their desserts.
Sean was a good sport helping out with greeting guests. He also put up with many meetings, some of which were at our house. So convenient to not have to drive anywhere. I am hoping they all come back for a meeting next week so they can see the huge difference 5 cans of paint make. Seriously, I've only gone through 2 cans of primer and 3 cans of paint. 192 hours. I'm hiding my huge painting arm behind Sean (ha).
I plan to end all my parties like the gala... with Broadway entertainers and plates of fabulous desserts. We had started with cocktails in the lobby, then heavy appetizers on the stage, before the ceiling was raised to reveal the band and Willy the Wildcat. Then we listened to Robert Evan and Rita Harvey as they sang some of the songs they've sang on Broadway. I took video but not sure I should post it. I have it for Heather to see though. I'm sure Hawaii was amazing and all, but I know she wanted to hear the show.
This was as the stage started to fill up.
Rita, the one who got us through it all. She has done many events, this was really my first and such a learning experience. Trust me though, good desserts and good entertainment are key. Really wishing I had those desserts tonight!







1 comment:
Thanks for the kid pics, and you and Sean too. So fun for us.
Post a Comment