So in our photo stream we can now see what I was doing in Charleston while the rest were here in Kansas. I would be out for a fancy dinner and Sean would be with the kids at Purple Swirl. He was at the Salt Mines with the kids and I was out for BBQ on Sullivan's Island. So here are some of those shots. I think the kids still had a good time here for spring break, lots of lazy days which they love.
He took them biking down at the park. Now that three have real bikes we are pretty close to family bike trips. Oh wait, Sean and I don't have bikes… hmm, someday.
Purple swirl, kids love it. I preferred the desserts in Charleston and I greatly look forward to Radina's Bakehouse opening soon. Real European style pastries!! I have been enjoying cupcakes from 4 Cakes in the meantime, love all the new places around town. Wow, I really need to get that pool heater fixed so I can work out again… ($50 part on the way!).
Headed to work in the salt mines. Patrick told me all about the emergency masks that they had to have with them. He said if it burns his mouth, that just means it is working. Fun!
Patrick told me they were supposed to touch these salt rocks. They were able to bring some home and I've been told several times that they can't touch wood. I think I need to spray them with some special paint to seal them.
Big salt rock?
Well, who is this little salt rock model?
More salt mines, hard to tell but I think they are being goofy here.
Old equipment that they can't get back up the elevator.
They store movie memorabilia in the salt mines and here are some samples I guess. Ironically, I got to see this movie in a dance bar in Charleston (when I was too tired to dance) and realized it was one we could show the kids now. Suddenly they are old enough for movies we used to like too.
Sean would like to point out that as always in these sort of displays, the x-rays are reversed. Also, there is no need to keep x-rays this long. No one is going to pull these for a comparison study 50 years later.
Same goes for these, there is a time limit as to when patient records are useful..
This was pretty cool though, the actual newspaper account after Lincoln was shot.
Another fine film...
This is the Batman suit that George Clooney wore. Sean is such a good husband for taking this photo for me.
Patrick doesn't realize this is from the lame TV show version of Superman.
Not sure what this is, fancy train?
Old reels of Friends, in case someone doesn't catch them in syndication? Overall Sean said this was a good trip but wouldn't be worth it if it was even 10 minutes farther away. He stopped to get them dinner at Chili's in Salina on the way home. Best dad ever. I took him out for a good meal when I got home Monday night. He was afraid that I would be sick of eating out. No, sorry, I don't understand that concept. I could literally eat every single meal out in my life, except if I had to go to Chili's.








No comments:
Post a Comment