Friday, March 14, 2014

This week in bad photos

 Spring arrived an hour too soon.  I don't recall ever having such a bad reaction to the time change but everyone was crabby and tired all week. But the nice weather at least got us outside. I thought they would be more tired and thus adjust to the earlier bedtime but no.
 Patrick did look happy to finally get his own bike. As you will see in later photos, it was time and every single day he was begging us to take him to the store. He told us he wanted a Star Wars bike or a blue one. I think we are past the character bike stage...
 Here he is trying it out at the park while they waited to pick up the kids from track. Later in the week he pleaded with me to let him ride on our street as he was getting a little tired of the route around our house so I took him. Uphill, no problem for me. Downhill he got too much speed going and I'm a little sore today. We live in the dustbowl and I'm just glad he never wiped out on all the sand in the street still.

 Emily thinks she can use Patrick's old trick bike now. It's not too fast in the grass...

 Okay, and this is why he needed a new bike. Anna taught him to ride on this one and he was so eager that he didn't seem to care that it was pink. He was so proud that he could do it. But then he started to focus on the pink part.
 We also tried flying the kite from Bridget one day. It was pretty windy but still no success.
 While everyone else was playing outside, Emily decided she was wiped out from the party and needed a nap. She of course didn't nap but still shocking that she wanted to lay down and try. Maybe the sun precisely on her face didn't help.

 Scooter riding later in the week. Notice the wide variety of outfits that Emily wears. I should go start laundry now that I'm thinking about it...

 Oh, a tantrum about bedtime. Thank you time change. She never does this so we were having some good laughs. Oh, to be the youngest...
 And this is how she greeted me the morning after her tantrum. Came down all dressed, just needed me to button it.
 Then she put on tap shoes and we went to walk her babies.
 Iced tea day! It happened, it really happened. I converted from hot tea to iced tea, but only in the afternoon… really loving the warm weather but still not getting out to enjoy it enough.
 Dress #85 for the week. Channeling spring break. Sorry kids, you're just going to the pool.

 Okay, and the park. Usually we get a park date in a few times over the winter but not this year. So awful and long.

 She can do anything in a dress.


 Oh yes, driveway drinking. It was that kind of day, plus I have a few half bottles of wine left from the party. They mustn't go bad.
 Patrick was thrilled when some motorcycle group hung out on our corner for a while. Yes, I get photos of everything. It was kind of random though and they were there for quite a while. I should have sent Patrick out to meet them...
 I'm not sure what this is, maybe part of a leprechaun trap? All I know is that it made it difficult for the tooth fairy to get in.
 Here is the official leprechaun trap which I never taught the kids about but Patrick learned about it at school. Emily just walked in wearing yet another dress and said, "Let's get this party started". I'm going to need more caffeine. Patrick was up early begging for food. So much for spring break sleeping in. The kids have computer games to play!

1 comment:

Marjie said...

Thank you, this blog is just what grandma needed