Thursday, May 7, 2015

April random times

 Emily would never miss an opportunity for a selfie. Or to at least have me take a photo of her.
 Park time. She does sleep away most of her quiet mornings at home before school but somedays I find time to take her to the park briefly so I can feel that we had some bonding time.
 More soccer. She likes to kick the ball in, about the only time she kicks it.
 I guess we did use the hot tub in the last month... not much use these days, kids no longer think it is special. Looking forward to the Taylors coming so we can get them all in the pool!
 Showing Grandma and Grandpa how she can float now.
 Patrick's class mass a few weeks ago. He sang in the choir in their cute uniforms.
 Anna was the server for mass that day so checked two boxes at once for me. Once again, she did not catch anything on fire besides the candle. Success.
 Here is the typical Emily morning after her siblings have gone to school and left the house quiet.
 Took the grandparents to Abilene for a famous chicken dinner at the Brookfield Hotel. Or maybe the Brookview Hotel.
 Waiting for the family style meal, which to me means 50% of the kids won't like it.
 It was very good fried chicken though. I think they all ate that.
 The side dishes were not as popular or to be frank, all that healthy. This is good country cooking. Pickles were the only green vegetables, served along side the canned peaches. Cottage cheese, some sort of coleslaw (light on the cabbage), creamed corn, mashed potatoes and white gravy. I can eat a meal like this every 5 years.
 Loving the chicken outside too.
 Then we went to the Greyhound Hall of Fame Museum. Unfortunately they did not get to pet the real greyhounds, they were napping. But an interesting (and free!) stop. Then we also stopped at the Eisenhower center, mostly the gift shop, no time for the real museum but we did see a movie there. Our education for the day.
 Came home and had carrot cake for Grandma's birthday. It was so good, from 4 Cakes but I ended up eating too much of it since the kids refuse any cake with a vegetable, and thus I may never be able to eat it again.
 Emily also had her dance photos that weekend, so we took some for Grandma when we got home from that. A busy weekend but we fit it all in. Sean was working of course which meant he also didn't go to his company meeting.
 Group shot before bedtime.
Police line up per Grandma's request to show height.

 Anna loving that a friend brought her puppy to school pick up. If only they stayed this little and cute I might be tempted.
 Anna on flag duty. Took them many times to get it folded right, good thing I didn't try to get video.
 Donuts after the K-State auction and Megan's junior high dance. Just what they needed before bed, more sugar.
 Patrick and Vince with their coach Serg before the tournament game.
 Lots of running. Patrick mostly plays defense and his coach said he has the best hustle. He really seems to care a LOT about this finally. He is a much better sport this year and he also puts all his effort into this.
 Some sort of action shot.
Team photo after the tournament. Patrick is upset because he didn't score any goals but as I mentioned, he mostly plays defense. They lost two games, tied one and won the last one which is why the other boys are happy. Patrick also realized then that they did not win the tournament and thus no medals. The bracket was a variety of ages, the older teams beat them and then they beat the younger team.

I am having trouble getting all my photos from my phone to the laptop so I can't upload them and finish some other posts. Between messing with iCloud and trying to put all photos on that and trying to sync my phone to the laptop, I am not loving apple today. I may just have too many photos and this is bogging it down... Someday soon I will get the library post completed and surprise, I also have the laundry room done. Thank you coffee!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good updates, great photos!
I miss them all. We have a Dave and Buster's now, send them to stay with me please.

Marjory Koenig said...

I am still third tallest.

VAMOM said...

Love the pics!