I am going to post this to shame the children. The laundry room is always the worst. I don't know why I even have lockers for the kids which is exactly why I am going to just take them away. The lockers aren't big enough to hold all their junk and it's hard to access them. My master remodel plan included new and bigger lockers in a better location but now I just don't know if I will bother. Anyway, this is clearly the before shot. The curtains under the counter had just been put there to block the bins of kid papers and laundry baskets. They were supposed to inspire me to clean up the place and at least get rid of the rug, so it worked. Nice to have a crafty friend who sews!
More before shots. I had been keeping all the painting supplies right there to trip over. Months of messes. The drawers under the washer and dryer held the shoes which was handy but again, how often did the kids put the shoes there themselves?? Only when I bribed them with ice cream.
Now you can see part of the lockers which I had to tuck back in this weird nook that should hold an extra fridge. I also still had up all the cards from the previous year. While we love to look at them, there comes a point when we have to file them away.
Here are some sort of after shots. I painted the cabinets of course and am still debating wall color. I thought about the green in the fabric there but my crafty friend suggested the blue. I lost some steam so it's still yellow for now. I think I may just let the kids throw their backpacks on this empty counter because that's what they do anyway and better here than in the kitchen.
The new washer/dryer are here now (these are old ones) and I didn't get the drawers because I couldn't reach the shelves without the stool with the appliances so tall. I would go take updated photos but they won't show up on my computer for like a month and I want to post this now before I forget again. We have the lockers for now but I moved the rest of their junk to other closets or their rooms or threw it out. I no longer have anger issues when I see this room and I hope to get the motivation to replace the yellow soon. I am hoping by doing some of these smaller projects myself that I will no longer feel the need to completely rip them out and start over when we do the kitchen. I don't love this room but it's better. Keeping my eye on the prize here: kitchen. The faster I bring that estimate down, the sooner it will happen. I think it will help that Sean is working like crazy these days. Night 10 currently happening.
2 comments:
Looks great!
Wow. I think the yellow looks great, why bother with extra work when it already looks fantastic and bright!
Post a Comment