Thursday, August 6, 2015

BURGERS




 Very bright at the Devil's Thumb Ranch where we went for happy hour dinner our last night.

 They then insisted on some crazy photos

 Yes, she is giving herself bunny ears too. Oh wait, she says she is a reindeer.
 Great view from the patio, great way to end the vacation
 Lisa, these horses are for you. They were so tame, people went up and pet them in the field.

 Wagyu cheeseburger.... Anna is in heaven. I wasn't in the mood for a burger but knew I had to get one. That was the correct decision. Only $10 during happy hour, I'm thinking of driving back...

 SEAN GOT A SALAD. I'm sure it was delicious and that's usually what I feel like eating at the end of 5 days of vacation eating out, but wow, what a bad decision. I think he was able to finish some kid's burger for them so he did get a taste. My burger had sautéed mushrooms and onions on it, so he had no interest in stealing some of mine. Yep, ready to go back, looking at the calendar, I think we can squeeze in a two day trip at the end of next week...

 Look who is on her phone. She has gotten much better about not being plugged in so much, partly because her phone is dying and we took most her apps away.
 New app on my phone for the camera works wonders-- Camera+

Amazing how shots in the shade turn out now. Of course the background is blinding, but good effort.
 FREE S'MORES. The marshmallows had chocolate in them so  you didn't have to make a mess with Hersey bars. We ate them after having real dessert too. Did I mention the $3 glasses of wine? And it was such great wine that I had two glasses. Why don't we live near this place??

 Do you see the guy on the phone?? OH MY, shut it off and turn around. I guess people just get used to the view there.

 Another guy on his phone with a guy looking over his shoulder to see it. There is no living in the moment anymore. There are always cat memes to share.
 Something about the assembly of this s'more must have gone wrong....
 Because this was the reaction to it. Ah, boy drama.
 And there it is, that tiny outcropping up there is the "Devil's Thumb".
 Looking back towards the lovely resort that we did not stay at, probably because it's super expensive. Weddings there go over 6 figures. I can't imagine why people spend that much but I guess it creates a lot of jobs and hey, if it's subsidizing the burgers at happy hour, then cheers to the bride and groom!

 On the hiking trails, in the bright sun... with full stomachs.


No comments: