Thursday, January 1, 2009

Charades

Patrick has moved on a bit from his game of Capture the Flag, now it is just the usual OCD where he has to tell us everything that is wrong in the house. He makes sure every door is shut, every cupboard latched, every drawer pushed in. He doesn't want the temptation to be naughty apparently. He has a few more words but mostly it is a lot of pointing and grunting and when we figure out what he wants, he claps. Well done parents, well done, a round of applause for you. He seems to understand a lot of what we say, at least he knows to shake his head NO when I ask him if he wants to take a nap. Of course he has no idea what I mean when I tell him to leave the Christmas decorations alone. So as soon as I can get him down for a nap, those are all coming down. Happy New Year!

No comments: