Okay, Megan is seven tomorrow but the school celebration was today. Notice the shirt from Grandma Sharon which she was thrilled to finally wear. This year I decided not to waste an entire evening making the cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery's recipe and bought a mix which took like 30 seconds to make. And then the key factor for children's desserts: add candy on top. Sean surprised Megan with them at the end of the school day and he said they were a big hit. Yes, sugar them up on their way out the door... thought we'd be kind to the teacher after a long first week after break.
Tomorrow Megan will just have Kira over for a special lunch out and later this month we will go to the Great Wolf Lodge. We give the girls the choice of having a big party or going to the GWL and they both passed on the parties this year. I'm not complaining and I'm certainly not telling them we were going to go to the GWL anyway! Now what can I get them to do to earn Disney.... since it is practically free for military this year I am running out of reasons to avoid it. Looking forward to seeing the relatives in Florida and also our dear friends the Benders who will be celebrating the end of a deployment!
2 comments:
p.s. Anna said that she wants to name her child Seven, she just loves the number 7. Do you think she remembers that episode of Seinfeld from when she was a baby???
I think you kids are beautiful, photogenic and cute. But that cupcake picture is divine.
Post a Comment