Monday, January 26, 2009

Of course they shut this down...


Fort Baker used to be an Army base located at the north end of the Golden Gate Bridge. If I knew how to attach photos from the internet I would do so and you would be impressed. Many home magazines are showcasing the renovations and new sustainable luxury resort built there and trust me, it looks nothing like Ft. Bliss where we actually lived on post for one (roach filled) year. The list of Army posts where we don't want to move is long and we are lucky to have found one that is near a college town. Our tolerance level for strip clubs, tattoo parlors, and cash advance "businesses" is low, so that rules out many, many other locations. Sean also refuses to work at a teaching hospital, so really, we are here for the long haul (8 years). If Ft Baker was still open we may have been tempted though...

Okay, I found a photo on the official website and I stole it. Will they hunt me down?

4 comments:

Marjie said...

Believe me, the govt made some $ from selling this, to friends who made much more $$.

Manhattan is boring and hot and cold, and very windy,but a good town to raise kids.

julie said...

You guys come when it is the coldest and windiest. It is much milder here than a lot of the country and we miss most the big storms. With 3 kids we wouldn't be hitting the club scene in a bigger city anyway. I could go for a better grocery store though..

Katie said...

I haven't noticed the wind when we are there. It was windier in El Paso.

H said...

They shut down all the good ones! This, The Presidio, Ft. Ord...they leave NTC open and expand it, that's the taste of CA the army gets. Boo.