Forgot to grab my camera on our mad rush out the door to go to Kansas City on Wednesday morning to meet Sean's mom, Nana. His dad, whom Anna has fully embraced calling Grandpops, had some meetings so he did not get to enjoy the full 20 hours of waterpark time at the Great Wolf Lodge. We were just happy to see them and it only involved 90 minutes of driving. 90 minutes of Patrick yelling "get down" which just made us thankful that we didn't follow up the drive with 2 flights and another 3 hours of driving to get to the Outer Banks. Sorry Keenan reunion, have a good time without us this year! I'm sure we can pull enough memories from other OBX trips to later convince us that we did in fact make it this year. I can only keep the OBX photos straight by analyzing which kids we had with us or how pregnant I was.
Anyway, even without photos I'm sure the kids won't forget this trip. Lots of waterslides with Nana and Grandpops and then a great dinner out in the middle of a big thunderstorm. Of course no trip to KC is complete now without me going to Nell Hill, working on baby girl room now. Nana took the girls to make necklaces at Urban Arts & Crafts while I spent more time hunting out large furniture items that I want for the next house. What is that weight limit when the army moves a major? Well, if I have to pitch all the toys then that is the price we pay to get that kitchen island moved... I anticipate a garage full of items that will make the movers grimace. Wait until they hear I want the good stuff crated, hahahahaha!!
No comments:
Post a Comment