We have friends visiting from Singapore staying with us right now and they managed to get the full "welcome back to Kansas" treatment. They moved away last year shortly after the tornado and it was looking like another one could arrive the other night, as they were driving to our house. Suddenly dark out, blinding rain, trees bent over from the wind, good times. They managed to find our house, thanks to the trusty water tower landmark (again, helpfulness outweighs hideousness) and got soaked dashing into the house, where we promptly lost electricity.
To distract myself from being upset over the Bachelorette recording being interrupted, I managed to find about 74 candles that I have been given as gifts over the years. I had no idea I had so many... I would carry one into a room only to find that I had several there as decor already, so I just lit those up too. It smelled like the White Barn Candle store, do they still have those? Been too long since I was in a real mall, I have no idea. But they always smelled so good and I would waste a lot of time trying to pinpoint which scent it was. Turns out it was all of them combined unfortunately. Anyway, a good thing I decided a while ago to just enjoy the gifts I am given and not pawn them off on teachers when I needed last minute gifts. (My sister the teacher assured me that she would rather get gift cards, so gift cards it is now!).
I have also finally run out of all the lotions and such I have been given as gifts over the years too. Who knew there were so many different types for specific body parts. Hand lotion of course, general body lotion, foot lotion, tired leg lotion, cuticle lotion, super dry skin lotion, you get the idea. I have to stop typing lotion, the word has lost all meaning. Now before people get mad at me for breaking the regifting cycle, let me assure you, I have paid the price. Sometimes I can't get out of the bathroom because I have too much lotion on and can't turn the doorknob. I don't dare burn the candles at the same time, fear of candle fire getting out of control and getting trapped in there...
2 comments:
When we moved here and were on a tight budget I placed a spending freeze on three things: lotions, candles, and books. Amazingly, I went 18 months without purchasing any of them. Someone gave us a $100 B&N gift card during that time and I bought bookends. I have been buying books again like a fiend, but I've only purchased one lotion and that was because the VS Pomegranate Acai Lotion smells so yummy! I could probably go another 3 years without buying candles... I have an entire corner cabinet filled with them.
Good to know you need lotion! My supply is never-ending... I just pitched a bunch, but when I get restocked (say, at Christmas), I'll send ya a care package!
Post a Comment