Monday, July 20, 2009

Big Boy Bed


After Patrick started climbing out of his crib we set up his big boy bed, so it would be ready when he was. He played on it for a few days but still slept in his crib and then when we had the sitter he convinced her that he would take his nap in the bed. Since then he has slept there and only once have I found him confused, standing next to it in the middle of the night. When he gets up from nap sometimes he will just go read books in his chair. Of course when he wakes up crabby at 7am after a late night, he kicks the wall and yells until we open his door instead. So far so good on Patrick not knowing how to open doors! He is rather short for his age, quite convenient!

And yes, I did buy him a white sheet finally...

1 comment:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

That was fast! I thought maybe you would try the Keenan method - wasn't that something like, put the mattress on the floor and the bed over the top of the kid? We have Parker's big boy room set up - but haven't moved him yet, due to the spectacular morning sun that comes through the ginormous window. Window treatments are in the works...I hope they come together quickly.