Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Doctor, doctor?

I have had to fill out quite a few emergency forms for the girls lately and they all ask the same questions.... who is your doctor, what's their phone number, who is your dentist, etc. So in the 60 minutes the girls are at golf camp, why would they need to call their doctor? If they get whacked with a golf club, I'll tell you who you call: 911. And then you go to the ER. Call me at some point, that would be helpful, but let's get this going here.

Why would you call the pediatrician? So you can leave a message with their nurse, waiting to hear what to do? That's a little more appropriate for things like, "Anna has a bit of a cough." I do oblige though and put down the name of the pediatrician we try to see each time, who Sean is friends with from work but probably not the officially assigned Army primary care manager. And for phone number I put down the appointment line number because it has a snazzy code to it and I can remember it. 239-DOCS. Go ahead, call it, enjoy some muzak while you wait 20 minutes.

I suspect when it comes to the country club emergency forms they are actually just fishing for names for their next membership drive.... The real question then is, how do we make sure we get credit for sponsorship??

No comments: