Sean is finally headed home after 4 days in Vegas. Not sure how the winnings worked out this time but it sounds like he had a good time with his friend Andrew, who has a condo there. Andrew tried to talk Sean into going in on the condo back during residency when we obviously had zero cash. His share would have been as much as our home at the time, so I convinced him that it was better to be friends with someone with a condo in Vegas, than to OWN a condo in Vegas. Bottom line, if I am going to own vacation property, I am going to be able to decorate it myself.
We did manage to keep busy while Sean was gone. We went to the rodeo on Thursday and saw some Mutton Bustin by Megan's friend Kira. We also had a funnel cake, which is really the main point of going to the fair. We successfully avoided going on any sketchy looking rides after I convinced them it would be nothing like Disney. On Friday we hit the pool party at the club as it was too hot to go back to the fair. I took them Saturday morning instead when it was cooler so they could see the animals. As always, the 4-H'ers acted so annoyed that we were there to look at the animals, how dare we invade sacred 4-H space! We meant to go to the park afterwards but it was too hot for me by then so I took them to Target to buy a toy. Yes, reached desperate measures on day 3. More Superhero toys kept them busy all afternoon so it was money well spent. Then we braved Chili's for an early dinner, which was obviously their choice. I do hate walking into a restaurant where the majority of the people are so large that you just feel bad for them. I always pass on dessert after that...
Sadly I could not think of anything to buy with my "gambling budget", must be the result of small town shopping opportunities. I am feeling too big and tired to do any travel of my own this year, so I will have to come up with some other ideas. Props to Lisa for giving me all sorts of ideas for new expensive hobbies to try! With his trips to Pebble Beach, the ND vs USC game, and Colorado for a work party all coming up, I need to start making a list!
No comments:
Post a Comment