Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Post



After Sean spending the night reading studies of angry OU fans trying to forget their loss, we are trying to have a quiet morning here so he can sleep. The girls got up and were being very nice and helpful, so I told them if they kept it up they could skip church. Mainly I did not want to deal with getting all 3 ready by myself and then wrangling them for an hour while toting around the big belly. Nor did I want to hear the whining and complaining, things are going so nicely. It is cool and foggy here this morning so I let them have hot cocoa and pumpkin muffins on the porch (really embracing this early fall).

Anna was so sweet and went and got them all blankets to wrap up in. I would like to take credit for this move since I work constantly with the girls on lessons they would learn in church if they paid attention; namely, treat others as you want to be treated. It is surprising how many adults have missed this lesson so that is really my main goal as a mom, to make sure my kids don't end up that way. However, I think they are being so good this morning because we spent yesterday with some great friends who have daughters who are a bit older than mine and they are just the nicest girls. So respectful of their parents and each other, no sass at all. All in all, they set a great example and my girls are at the age where seeing that is more effective than me trying to explain the concept to them.

Meanwhile Patrick is hitting Megan on the head because he thinks her reaction is funny. Good times ahead with the baby arriving! I will have to keep her protected at all times.... and get some parenting lessons from my friends.

No comments: