He has just reached the stage where he understands the differences between boys and girls, no doubt thanks to bath time with Emily. The girls never went through this stage, but I think they've figured it out now. Patrick likes to explain it to us very patiently, in case we don't know what boys have that make them boys and also, a long list of who the boys are that we know. Kind of like Adam Sandler's song where he lists famous Jews. Then on the way to school today he told me I was a liar when I explained why I wasn't turning left with oncoming traffic coming. He followed up with saying that Daddy is always right. Hmm. Just what went down at bedtime last night when I was off at a fabulous voice recital with Manhattan Heather? Daddy revenge bedtime talk? May need to have a female power seminar when I pick him up from school in a few minutes.
Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Patrick stories
By popular demand, I am trying to come up with some Patrick stories. He still hasn't outgrown his doorman stage and just yesterday I had to make the sitter go back outside in the cold so he could get dressed and then let her in. Yes, still running around in underwear, Emily in just her diaper. I don't keep it that warm in here. He will wrap a blanket around himself to play Wii, which is in the cooler sun porch, but that is his only concession to winter. He is still grumpy in the morning, must be careful how I greet him. One reason might be because he has great dreams and is disappointed to wake up not being Batman, other than in pajama form. The other night he was Batman, his hero Carson was Superman, and his gal pal Keylee was Wonder Woman. We read him a book every single night with those three characters. Megan and Anna asked who they were in the dream and he didn't know that he should make something up to make them feel better, but then again, at least he didn't say they were the "bad guys".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good to have some Patrick stories.
Post a Comment