Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The photos keep on giving

Here are all the photos from recent events.  I have been lazy about downloading lately and then I always forget about the ones on my phone.  Let's see if you can figure out which ones those are.  I will have to start a private blog for the photos I take with my camera phone now for snickering purposes.  It is so handy having that!!  I like to send those to Sean during the day to keep him awake at work.  And I'm sorry, but if you're a hipster strolling on the treadmill at the gym playing with your phone (and wearing a sweater and track pants, what what?), I'm going to capture that moment.  But I won't post publicly.

 Here are the ones from our Great Wolf weekend.  Love the iCloud because it's always interesting to see what photos Sean took too.  This must have been when I was checking us in.
 Who can resist a tiny cabin in your room?
 Patrick got very good at standing on the fountains and spraying people walking by in their clothes.
 This was after Emily had her successful shopping trip and the others kept swimming.  Big smiles.
 Oh the arcade.  Patrick in his ND uniform.  He put this on and started jumping around saying, "Go K-State".  Just some mild confusion.
 This was lunch after we checked out.  And clearly we have checked out of interacting with each other.  Time for a break.  At least Megan had a book...
Yes, all five were ignoring me while we waited for our food.  But they were quiet and not fighting, all I could do was leave them alone.

 Next up was the piano recital at the mall where clearly the highlight is the little ride on car things.
 Emily was living the dream and I'm pretty sure no money was spent.  Just sitting in them...  She is getting a ton of use out of her Christmas dress by the way.  Her favorite, loves to dress up.
 The girls were so thrilled that Kira came to watch, made it quite special for them.  She's a good sport.
 Anna isn't a huge fan of practicing but she didn't realize that a recital is optional so she got through it.
 Yes, sometimes with her eyes closed, she's just that good.
Megan loves to practice but I don't think she enjoys hearing others who are more advanced go first.

 Seems like we give the 3 year old plenty of screen time... but again, I had to keep her occupied since she is too little to ice skate.
 Patrick rarely made it off the wall but loved it and is begging to go back every single day.  Trying to get him some lessons so he can have more fun.
 Yes, I do pass on many clothing items to Megan now.  Oh look, I guess I get the new coat this year since Megan can use my old one.  Ha.  Ha.
 Anna is in a growth stall so she can still wear her coat from last year.  I am saving money all over the place.
 I know, this is such an awesome shot.  This is just to prove I was there, unlike Megan and Sean who chose Beauty and the Beast at the McCain over the K-4th grade Christmas program at school.  Anna is the 2nd from the right in the back row.  But you already knew that, right?
 I'm going to pull this shot out next time Patrick is naughty.
 We decided Jack was safer up on the blinds and we feared that Patrick would wake us up screaming if he discovered him on his pillow in the morning.
This arrangement is courtesy of the closets and storage spaces that just keep giving.  I discovered it this summer when I was painting Sean's office and I organized the big storage area in there.  Turns out that it had more than Sean's stuff jammed in there.  This house only looks historical but it came with about 100 years worth of other people's stuff.  I used to have dreams like this, that I'd discover another room in the house we lived in and I'd wonder why I'd never seen it  or the stuff in it before.  This is apparently not an uncommon dream in big cities with little apartments as I've read about it in articles before.  Must be an design obsessed trait that comes from reading too many magazines.  Anyway, I'm living the dream now as there are so many storage areas and some finds are more useful than others.  We have passed things on to others (weights), thrown other stuff out (dried out paint cans) and then there is stuff waiting to be discovered another day.  I know there is something with big gears under the garage stairs, no idea what that is but next time I'm out there with my phone I will snap a blurry shot.  Stay tuned if you're bored.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Very entertaining blog

Kit said...

Kira enjoyed the piano recital and said Megan and Anna did a good job. She was happy that she was able to go.

VAMOM said...

Super cute photos!!