Wednesday, December 19, 2012

This little light of mine

I have actually had time to run all necessary errands this week since Sean has some days off work and I am not limited to the very brief preschool mornings.  I have caught up on things that I've avoided for literally months.  I finally bought exciting things like big duster sticks so I can get down the frightening cobweb collections before Christmas visitors arrive.  Of course I found many other items in the store that I didn't realize I needed until I saw them including the urine neutralizing spray that I thought might work in Patrick's bathroom because I suspected that the grout and tile were saturated.  Well, it came with a black light to guide me to the problems "areas".  Wow, when I turned that on it was like a crime scene in that little bathroom.  I am praying that some of that is actually toothpaste splatters but there's no way ALL of it is toothpaste...  I did a major scrub down and now other people may actually use that bathroom again.  However, I do not recommend trying the trick Patrick showed me earlier this week... how he flushed the toilet with his tongue.  I wish I was kidding.

We also started wrapping presents early this year because we remembered how much it sucks to save it all for Christmas eve.  Sean is working 2am to 7am shift on Christmas morning so I knew that whole job would have been mine anyway.  Well, in the course of this we realized that we only had one gift for Emily and it wasn't even anything to open.  It is her new tricycle that we won't wrap.  This year she will notice the lack of presents so I had to try and come up with things to get her that we don't already have from Megan and Anna.  I also hate buying the junkety junk toys that have little to no play value, just creates more junk for me to pick up.  She recently picked out a bunch of clothes in KC, we just bought Apple TV and signed up for Netflix and Hulu-plus so we don't need to buy any DVDs, and we have everything else.  I actually wrapped up some socks so she'd have another thing to open.  I did get her a few random toys too from the one non-chain toy store in town (which is closing) and her dance clothes for the class she will start.  Nothing exciting for sure but she is so enthusiastic about everything these days that I think it will go just fine.  But, there was some panicking today...

Girls are praying for a snow day tomorrow but it looks doubtful.  We're just hoping that our friends from Colorado will still be stopping by on their way to Indy.  I know the roads in western Kansas are closed but hopefully after the storm blows through they will be cleaned up quickly.  Kids are ready to make gingerbread houses and watch Elf with them!  I did buy Patrick snow boots today so I think that seals the deal on another mild winter.  Sorry kids.

No comments: