Clearly I've caught up on everything I can if I've gone over to pinterest land. Amazing how much more time I have when I'm not driving to and from and to and from and to and from and sometimes three more to and froms school all the live long day. Anyway, I got sucked into what was clearly a southerners pinterest board while looking for paint colors. How many Jack Daniels bottles can be repurposed into different things? How about baseball crafts? And signs, oh my, the signs. I've never met anyone who was confused about what to do in a dining room or kitchen. EAT maybe? Yes, that's it, those big letters just reminded me, EAT. Why does it never say WIPE COUNTERS????? Also, the "family rules", some people love their rules. And I'm sorry but leading with "we do second chances" just sounds like permission for your husband to go step out. Also, anything that includes the phrase "big girl panties" makes me want to throw glasses of sweet tea on someone.
This wacky trip into faux lives lead to some lifestyle blogs which are ridiculous. It's like Facebook as a paid profession, so it's extra shiny and fake and excessively photographed. It's a magazine spread but with real people. And therein lies the part that is off putting, I keep expecting those people to be more attractive. But no, they are just vain enough to think that they can get people to look at them on a regular basis (and close up shots of their shoes, gloves, watches, drinks, etc). Mostly I wonder where these 20 somethings get enough money to meet their friends for a pre-Christmas fun weekend in NYC at the fanciest hotels. They will never know the fun of slumming it and having lean years. Only downhill from there folks, you might get richer from inheritances but you can't stay young. Faux employment sure looks fun though!
1 comment:
I've found a few blogs from PTMT that are exactly those kinds of blogs: picture after picture of what we wore and what we did. And they have so many followers. It will only last so long though. Eventaully, their kids will grow up and won't let their moms dress them anymore.
Post a Comment