Thursday, December 18, 2014

Vegas, Mommies, Vegas

 Almost all the Lewis chicks made it to Vegas to celebrate Beth's 40th birthday. Her husband surprised her with arranging the trip and paying for the hotel, but then was kind enough to give her notice so she could plan and look forward to it. We missed Donna so much!
 E and Baker on the strip.
 Me, the birthday girl, Baker and Nora.
 Same crew, now with Monica.
 Man in orange jumpsuit not in our group. But he got our attention.
 Monica and Nora inside the mall at Caesars I think, where we had lunch that day and then shopped.
 The poker room that Sean wasn't in. At least he found a poker game to join back in Manhattan and won enough to pay for a round of drinks in Vegas! Or a week of groceries?
 Outside someplace, I don't know, we were walking back from shopping.
 This is for Emily who is a big fan of the Eiffel Tower. Unfortunately she has the same chance of going to Vegas as going to Paris, so photos will have to do for a few more years. Or 10.
 Beth's sister arranged for a party bus and the schedule for Saturday night. Blurry shot, but you get the point.
 And it had a stripper pole for the birthday girl. I should point out that she is a lawyer and a judge.
 View from the bar we went for drinks before dinner, our first stop. The Mix at Delano. The design was very cool in that hotel.
 Some expensive Vegas drinks, only had time for one round.
 Loved the jellyfish (or glass bubbles) in the restaurant as we were heading out from the bar.
 Tile at the Bellagio on our way to dinner.
 Very cool art on the ceiling too.
 Hermes. Good thing it was closed so I wasn't tempted to buy something. I could have justified it because I didn't blow money on gambling...
 Monica and Kerry, Beth's sister, at The Fix in the Bellagio for dinner.
 Me, Nora and Baker in our "little black dresses"for dinner.
 The some guy arranged by Kerry walked us into a club and got us table service. I was done drinking by that point and left before the bill came, so I am afraid to find out how that played out.
 The club was called the Bank I think? It was in the Bellagio. This may have been "happy birthday" for Beth, not sure, let's pretend it was. The cigar smoke was killing me but somehow I lasted a couple hours.
Birthday girl had a good time though! A quick trip but so good to catch up with old friends. Had been too long due to babies and careers and more babies. Hopefully going forward we will get together more frequently. ND Reunion in 2016?!

1 comment:

VAMOM said...

Looked like great fun! So many great restaurants!