Who doesn't hate the word "staycation"? I also don't enjoy "a.k.a." which Emily likes to say frequently. Anyway, we took this break from school to stay home and not feel guilty for acting like we are on vacation like everyone on Facebook. I read a lot of books by the pool, we did a lot of swimming with friends, and I rarely drove anywhere. That was mostly because it was cold out but also because I wasn't doing my hair or makeup. I did however enjoy iced tea while I listened to playlists on songza for "hanging at cool hotels: South Beach". Also enjoyed my new ND cup and was shocked by our bowl game win. That goes against our tradition of always losing those. So shocked that we didn't watch the game but did record it to watch later. Just haven't had time yet. Sean started maternity leave coverage for a coworker early so he's already working the 3pm to 1am shift. So far so good it seems. 3 months to go.
We also just hung out in the pool house because it is warmer than the rest of the house. The kids made some fort/mess out of our aging beach towel collection.
Took the younger kids with me to a New Year's Eve epic party after dropping Megan with some friends at a boy's house to watch movies (supervised of course). Sean was working obviously.
Preparing for the confetti fight, which is why this party was designated epic. I don't just toss that word around. Anna jumped the gun on this at least twice, she just couldn't wait for the countdown.
And the action shot. I later found confetti in my own house.
Emily can strike a pose anywhere, anytime.
If you sit down, you get covered. My only shot of the adults, having too much fun to pose for photos all the time. That's not how I live my life. Action shots are better. Happy new year!

1 comment:
Wow. That does indeed look epic.
Post a Comment