Friday, December 26, 2014

We are experiencing greatness


 We still haven't solved the mystery of who wanted us to Experience Greatness but we have heard of other people who got to experience it too. Then I noticed another box of greatness just thrown in a yard down the street where no one is home, so I grabbed it to add to our stash. I don't think anyone actually is looking for these so I will just pass them out at a soccer tournament this spring. Who wouldn't want a free soccer cushion? Who wouldn't like 60 of them? Me! We will share the experience. Share the greatness. I am unable to just throw stuff away.
 Megan had some friends over to make Christmas cookies. Kids finally realized that they don't like the taste of frosting and sprinkles so we just left them plain which isn't that cute, so no photos of that. Emily thinks that she is a seventh grader too.
 On Tuesday I tricked the family into going on a service project. I thought there would be more caroling but it was mostly just handing out gift packs from the Mary Kay ladies who raised donations. We tried to talk to the residents at Via Christi and some were chatty and then others were just confused. Anna ended up being amazing at this, did such a great job, was so eager to go talk to people. The rest of us were pretty awkward at it, some may have just stayed with the cart which is just fine. Was good to get out and do something different for once.
 Emily loved pushing the cart and Sean kept her on task.
 Megan and Amelia were very sweet.
Part of the deal was I bribed them with going to get Purple Swirl when we were done. Yum, froyo on a cold December afternoon! It turns out that it was the very last day of business for them, we had no idea they were closing. Well, perhaps if we had gone more often we would have known that or perhaps they wouldn't have gone out of business if we had gone more! 
Here I am feeling awkward about the sad employees telling us that it was 75% off that day.  Sorry small business owner. I do try to shop local, it's not like I was taking them to the chain froyo place instead. I just don't get them treats that often.

 Using the new basketball hoop. I believe this is goal tending.
 He is definitely not dunking here.

I took Anna bright and early this morning to pick out her birds. It was pretty funny watching the lady grab them to put in boxes for us to bring home. They are still in shock, just sitting on the perch in the cage in Anna's room, not moving for the first 6 hours so far. She got a green/yellow one and a blue one. I believe their names are Rainbow (Dash) and Twilight (Sparkle), a nod to My Little Pony. Anna is very excited to take them out to play but they need to be left alone in the cage for a week to get settled. Let the bird adventure begin!

1 comment:

Marjory Koenig said...

Interesting post. Anna if full of surprises!