Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bach Chat

First and foremost, I need therapy. No one should be so excited for Monday nights. And I shouldn't be counting down the days until the finale... and the "unusual circumstances" that mandate a more intimate "After the Final Rose". Our Host Chris Harrison, what are you doing to me?? (By the way, he has a good blog over on ew.com and the recap on there is pretty hilarious.) The promos this season have been particularly cruel... leading us on from the very first episode with clips of Deanna returning... and then making us wait 13 more days to see what she says and why she is wearing such an ugly coat. Did ABC comp her ticket to New Zealand because that definitely falls into the good investment category, if indeed she does bring the drama. Oh bring it.

Other thoughts: I loved Jillian but did not need to see her audition tape for "hot tub soft core porn". She must be mortified especially after he gives her the friend card on her way back to O Canada. Was Melissa wearing an Irish Princess dress? Does she know what her weird ponytail looks like from behind? And Jason may love Molly's eyes until he correctly identifies them as CRAZY EYES. Just because she is reserved doesn't mean she isn't hiding some crazy in there.

Bottom line: what could be so POTENTIALLY emotional and difficult that they can't include a heckling studio audience at the ATFR? And then there is another ATFR on Tuesday night? OHCH is confusing me (and if my abbreviations are confusing you, congratulations! that means you do not read all the recaps on various bachelor websites...). The only unusually circumstances I am thinking of are one of the "losers" showing up pregnant or Deanna actually getting that final rose. Well played, ABC, well played. And this is why this is the only reality TV I continue to watch. Come on Mondays!

ps Jillian is too good for Bachelorette... but Molly or Melissa are perfect... perky and looking for attention.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Julie,
This show is my downfall too! I can't get the kids in bed early enough on Mondays. I have even sucked Dan into watching it with me, although he would be mortified if he knew that people in the general public knew he watched with me! This better be one exciting "After the rose" ceremony, since I am already hyped, and I have vowed not to watch next season if he chooses Deanna in the finale. You would think that I would have more important things to focus my attention on!

julie said...

Many husbands watch this... secretly. I always vow to not watch the next season and yet they lure me in by choosing people I liked from previous seasons and the cycle continues. I think everyone needs a 2 hour break from their own reality each week. And nothing makes you feel more like a winner than when you are already married and watching pretty girls beg for a husband on TV!

erlthepearl said...

My TiVO died on me the first hour of last night's episode so I did not see what happened with Jillian and the Bach. (It was really stressful and nearly caused a breakdown, the TiVo dying, that is.) Anyhoo, I really hope she did something tres terrible, because I am still depressed she didn't get a rose! She was my total favorite as I love me my Kanucks and Quebecois...Anyhoo, I am emotionally detached from the Bach now since last night. But of course I will still watch as this show is more addicting than crack--(ummm, I don't really know that for a fact, but the bums near my dearl old house in DC told me it was pretty hardcore). Now I just hope the girl he picks is a good mommy to Tai (Tye, Thai, Tie,)...
Erl

Stephanie said...

I know a number of people who claim to know Molly, her family or went to high school with her since she is from GR.
If I had known a local was on there I would have watched sooner.

Katie said...

Ok I just watched it and I totally feel the pain of having a TIVO die - that would have me going banana's. ABC does a great job of continuing to suck people in. That whole hot tub rub scene with Jillian is certainly pg-13. I can't believe he sent Jillian off - it means he either is still pining for Deanna and picked the two losers or something like that. Melissa is immature and Molly isn't much older. He let the wrong girl go - he must have his mind made up and let the girl go that would have been the runner up. I need to go check out those websites and catch up on the gossip.
So who is up next for the Bachelorette - my money is on Molly or Jillian.

Andrea said...

Love it, love it, love it. I just finished it and couldn't read your blog until I knew the final two. Melissa was my favorite since the start, but Jillian was a close second. I get a little rush every time they declare most dramatic rose ceremony ever. I should know better but it really keeps me coming back.

Sarah said...

I just have to say I love the Bachelor too...it's sick how much I look forward to Monday nights. The show also irritates the crap out of me.

Here's my column on it in the paper I work for:

http://www.enterprisenewspapers.com/article/20090211/ETP22/702119895&template=ETPart