We are pretty sure our street takes the brunt of the bombing sounds and vibration from Ft Riley as we are up on a ridge on the southwest side. Today was a shaking day and somehow Patrick napped through it and as usual I was just happy it is practice bombing and not someone aiming at us (also happy to not be out there doing the bombing as it's chilly). A friend calls it "the sound of freedom". Anyway, I came home from an hour of shuttling kids and found this scene. It's enough to make me double secure the new painting above the fireplace. It's oil on glass which sounded cool at first but now it makes me very nervous. I was also happy to not hear this commotion, I'm wondering if Jen or Nancy heard this fall after a big boom? And do you think a more dangerous piece could have fallen off the wall?!
Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Shook with Freedom
We are pretty sure our street takes the brunt of the bombing sounds and vibration from Ft Riley as we are up on a ridge on the southwest side. Today was a shaking day and somehow Patrick napped through it and as usual I was just happy it is practice bombing and not someone aiming at us (also happy to not be out there doing the bombing as it's chilly). A friend calls it "the sound of freedom". Anyway, I came home from an hour of shuttling kids and found this scene. It's enough to make me double secure the new painting above the fireplace. It's oil on glass which sounded cool at first but now it makes me very nervous. I was also happy to not hear this commotion, I'm wondering if Jen or Nancy heard this fall after a big boom? And do you think a more dangerous piece could have fallen off the wall?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's insane. I remember my mom had a shelf fall of the wall - it was full of picture frames, some kind of jar with uncook noodles and other junk. That was fun cleaning up.
Post a Comment