Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thanks to the Presidents!

4 day weekend for us here so we are taking it easy. Sean was in Austin last weekend and this week he goes to Vegas (all for fun), so I knew Friday was the perfect day for me to take him to KC for some rug and furniture shopping. I normally don't take him shopping since he has zero interest in making those decisions (he knows he is just a "yes man") but since we have a sitter who comes on Fridays, thought we should take advantage and at least get out for a good lunch. I hadn't gone further than Topeka in over 3 months so I was due for a good outing. I did find a rug that goes better with the new painting and when Sean questioned the price I mentioned how much it was going to cost just for him to go along with his Dad on his birthday trip to Pebble Beach this fall. Plus, the poor salespeople were so desperate for a sale that if I didn't find something I was going to end up putting some lunch money in their suit jacket pockets because I felt so sorry for them. I didn't even have to do anything before the guy started offering me additional discounts too, it's just that bad out there. I guess I can't complain about Sean's excessive job security...

Yesterday we took the kids to the zoo for 15 minutes to see the baby chimp climb around. Really, that is the perfect zoo visit, short and entertaining. We do miss the San Antonio Zoo but I think half their animals are some sort of deer or antelope and let's be honest: those aren't interesting unless they are in your backyard. Then it's a novelty and you take photos for your blog. After that we went to some Freddie's Steakburger and Custard place. It is a new discovery for us but has been open since November they say. I don't normally take the FRB so far east but we will be doing that more often. Unhealthy food the whole family enjoys! Next time we will go by the smallest house in town and see if Megan is as disappointed as Anna was by it. Anna was thinking of a Polly Pocket sized house, not a real people house that happens to be really small.

Today Sean took the girls to see some Coraline movie. Anna is creeped out by it still and Megan has a headache from the 3-D glasses. I suppose I should feed them now... they are circling like vultures.

4 comments:

Katie said...

how about a picture of the rug?

H said...

I've heard that movie is creeeeepy, poor kids. I think I saw something today that would rival it though...the New Adventures of Pinnochio or something along those lines...I believe from 2002 and the oddest most disturbing G rated movie I've every experienced. Luckily it was at home and I got to sneak in a nap. Anyway, great job on the furniture finds! Love, love, love the rug.

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Garrett was dying to see the Coraline movie until I mentioned the 3-D glasses. Then he opted for the Dollar Theater's "BOLT" which is oldedr but supposed to be very good. Unfortunately the dollar theater is now charging $3 to get in. I told all my friends they needed to stop smuggling snacks in - now they've ruined it for everyone!

Kathleen said...

So Sean and my brother are going to Pebble Beach...what are the girls doing? Love the blog
Aunt Kathy