Sunday, February 8, 2009

Safe and Sound- Welcome Home!!!



After 15 extra long months, Bridget is finally home safe and sound from Iraq. Sean missed the big homecoming ceremony but he made it in time for dinner that night. It was supposed to be a surprise but a reminder popped up on Sean's Dad's blackberry (to remind him that his oldest son was arriving in 2 hours?!) and Bridget saw that. At least I wasn't the one who ruined it as Sean thought I would when I was IMing with her during her layover in Ireland. Anyway, she is back and enjoying great food, great company, CENTRAL MARKET (do NOT forget my tortillas, Sean!!), and a real haircut. Now she needs to go buy a car and probably a lot of clothes. She is going to live with a friend who has a full load of household goods until she moves to DC this summer, after which she will have to buy some furniture of her own. A good thing she didn't have anything to spend money on the past 15 months... It sounds like she may even come visit us next weekend since it's a 4 day one. I'll have to start thinking of some fun stuff to do around here... I bet she is anxious to cook! I may have to put her right to work.

ps I think the photos are from a phone, hence the quality. I do see the good camera there so I look forward to more shots soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your bolg and the photos of the fam. I did not hear about Sean's surprise visit being found out...too bad! Ah the wonders of technology. I started to post a video to your facebook then saw how horrible I looked! Better wait for a time when I have at least brushed my hair!