Thursday, June 18, 2015

Cannot access MY photos

This situation is making blogging very annoying. But I was able to take photos off Facebook that other people took so show you where we went this past weekend. After years of missing out on tickets I made a serious effort to get them as they were holding the Symphony in the Flint Hills at the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and LYLE LOVETT was coming back in honor of it being the 10th anniversary. We also took the kids because we don't let Megan babysit when we are out of town yet. 

Sean did just somehow fix something so I can access photos but these photos are better so we'll start with them:

Sunset and cowboy hats.
You can see the VIP parking here. We were across the road with 7500 other people. Fools.
Once we parked we walked about 45 minutes through the beautiful hills to get to the site. They offered wagon rides (and some buses I think) for those who couldn't manage the hike but we did just fine. I mean, there was whining but no physical ailments.
I think you had to pay extra to sit in these seats. We bought blankets and sat in the back. You will see that mess of photos later.
The gorgeous venue made all the hassle worthwhile.

 We did not see Lyle this close up but that's okay, we came for his voice. I did see him close enough at the McCain three years ago.
 During one of the songs the cowboys herded the cows through the background. Later the cowboys kept the patrons on the trail back to the parking lot. Seriously, they used the horses to push the ones back who kept trying to cut ahead of the crowd by going into the tall grasses. Yes, the trail was backed up even after we waited an hour before heading back. Turns out there was no good time to head out.
 Lyle with the Kansas City Symphony. It really was impressive.
This is about the view we had and as you can see, we did not get the rain that was predicted. Ended up being the perfect night.

Now for my crappy iPhone photos. It is time to get a smaller camera to link to my phone.

 Somewhat good spirits after the 45 minute walk to the venue.


 My pack mules. This path was filled entirely with people on the way back, a continuous stream of people for at least two miles. A little unsettling.
 Making good use of the umbrellas even though it (thankfully) didn't rain. The sun was a little warm so my pale skinned family.

 Totally enjoying the view under the umbrellas.
 Megan and Amelia, pretending they are at the beach.

 Patrick and his good buddy Lily. Both our phones died right after this, with 49% charge left of course. ARGH. I don't know what is worse these days, my phone or my computer. Anyway, once the lovely show was over we went to one of the tents for more live music and dancing, thinking that we'd let most the traffic clear out. Ha. Ha. Like I said before, it took over an hour to get back to the parking lot, then it was another hour waiting to get out of the one exit to the parking lot, and then another hour to drive home. Sean had taken the night off but was still on his working/sleep schedule so he was the driver and we got home at 1 a.m. Then I was up at 6 a.m. to put out flags for flag day. Poor planning but worth it!

No comments: