Sunday, November 1, 2009

Candy Gathering



The girls are thrilled with the large amount of candy they managed to score from the limited number of houses we went to and even better, we had lots of candy left in the bowl on our front porch. I'm so glad they didn't remember that in the past we have gone to several other candy events, like at the zoo and in Aggieville for the parade. Those were things I couldn't handle on my own and Sean was out of town for them.

So this was the only time they wore their costumes and they are recycled from last year. Megan realized on her own that her Super Girl costume is too short now so we at least didn't have to fight that battle. Patrick could have cared less so he just wore the usual game day outfit. He fell in the mud at Ivesters' party but I was in a Coco-Bolo's fajita coma and didn't mind. He just looked more authentic (Sean did wipe off his face at least). Anna met another Super Girl and they became fast friends so she had a great night. And then we came home so Sean could work and the girls could inventory the candy. Thankfully I am not hungry these days so I am not tempted at all.

Well, I for one am glad October is over and it's supposed to be 75 and sunny today, which is nicer than it has been since September I think. Patrick was up at his usual 6am which just seemed so much worse knowing that it is now 5am, ugh.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

They looked darling:):):)

Katie said...

very cute little halloweener's!

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Cute costumes. We recycled all costumes this year too. Next year we'll buy something new. I too am grateful Oct is over. I feel like the last 4-5 days were exhausting! I plan to get all my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving so I don't feel like this Christmas morning.