Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I don't think the kids did this...



I'm sure you wildlife nerds out there will be able to tell me what did this and what to do about it. We have so few trees in our yard and they are very wimpy, so this is bad news.

6 comments:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

We have horrible squirrels that do something like that to our trees. It kills the branches and then when the wind blows or ice storms come in, they all snap off. That might be it, or a rabid beaver?

julie said...

A tall beaver? That was my guess!

Marjie said...

Kind of looks like a buck rub.

Marjie said...

No question it is a buck rub. You don't have time,so get the nursery to put pruning paint and wrap it and then put wire around it. Or get Patrick out of the candy coma and get with the hunting program. I'll be there in two weeks Patrick with your camo outfit and rifle. Get er done! Grandpa

julie said...

I knew someone else could solve this mystery, thanks! I will try to head out after nap time to get this stuff. Do not need to be replacing this tree in the spring, what a pain. Suddenly having deer run through our yard doesn't seem so exciting.

Ryan said...

I am late with this one, but to echo Paul, buck rub for sure.