Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's Been... One Week


Okay, it has been 8 days but one week since we came home from the hospital and I've had that BNL song stuck in my head, so there you go. Overall things have gone very well adjusting to life with 4 kids, mostly because Sean hasn't been working and Emily sleeps a lot. Megan is very helpful with holding Emily for long periods of time, say when the rest of us eat dinner. Anna asks to hold her whenever I am feeding her but by the time I am done she is gone or will get tired after a few minutes. Patrick also wants to hold her all the time but requires much supervision so not so helpful. The girls keep asking when Emily will start doing things like say their names and crawl. Apparently they do not love the easy newborn stage as much as I do!

Emily has been sleeping most of the day today so I fear for what tonight will hold (perhaps an inaugural showing of The Holiday? start off with Jude Law's finest performance). I am surprisingly well rested these days though. I was too uncomfortable to sleep well the last few months so even with getting up at night I am getting way more rest. And thanks to this miracle product called the Belly Blaster (a wrap for your stomach) I can fit into regular clothes again, which is way, way earlier than with the other kids. I think I am going to hang on to this to use after the holidays each year...

Oh, and this is just a random photo from today so Nana can see the cupcake outfit Emily is wearing-- and has almost outgrown already!

No comments: