Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's September?


Somehow we got the girls back to school and now Patrick is getting ready to start on Thursday. He is in the wrong class, so much older than most since he turns 4 on Friday, but it was the only way to get him and Emily at school on the same day. Selfish of me yes, but then again they just play and color and get in trouble for throwing rocks, not that academic yet. And not as selfish as someone who wouldn't switch CDO days so Emily could go on Wednesday and Patrick could go to the MWF class. Don't think I won't be checking out the cars in the parking lot on Wednesdays to see who that was. I know there has got to be someone who just has one child and nothing else going on all week but they thought having a break in the middle of the week would be ideal merely because it is the middle of the week. Karma will come through for me... some Wednesday snow days might be appropriate. Ha ha, no refunds!

Perhaps I haven't been posting as often because I have been in a mood more appropriate to those who live in very hot violent regions of the world, perhaps because Kansas has been one of those regions for oh, 3 months? See, I don't exaggerate, I could have said 7 months and lost all credibility, but I said 3 and I assure you, 3 is still too many and I refuse to look at the stats about how many days were over 100 degrees because it will make me angry (okay, 27). I've been taking notes, lots of crabby people around town, but thank you, sweet baby Jesus laying in a manger, the heat has broken now and I am just regular sinus headache crabby. So nice to get a workout in the morning and not get tired just from the heat. No I just got tired from getting lost on Sunday and going twice as far as intended and then on Monday my friend lost her key so we did the route twice. Accidentally in shape, that's my plan.

Oh and this is the table from the box. I had mentioned my recent furniture purchases to various friends but apparently forgot to tell Sean. Surprise! I know what interests him and what doesn't and for the past few months it was only football. Now that football season is over for ND, he will care about furniture again. Or not.

4 comments:

H said...

Love that table. Very nice. Sorry about the heat...I'd lose my mind. Nice, cool and now rainy 64 or something here...where is the happy medium between Kansas and Belgium? Can we meet there for a vacation?

Marjie said...

Does that table hold wine bottles or old tennis shoes? Or Patrick could sort the mail in the cubicles. Very nice. Could hold mittens and hats too.

Karma will strike!

julie said...

Technically it is a wine table, a faux antique of course because unlike in Belgium, antiques are expensive and just not as cool here. But faux antique is better than shiny and new (like a virgin, wheeee) because it is pre-banged up. No one can damage it, but they could damage bottles of wine so I will keep those in the wine fridge. We do need a new shoe system but I fear that would be even uglier than the big basket stew of mixed shoes. I may just purge a bunch of shoes, especially those cheap worn out crocs that Patrick insists on wearing everywhere, even to the park with rocks which leads to taking them off and then getting cuts on his feet. He truly never learns, school is going to be interesting...

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

We had a cool weekend and Tuesday morning a mom came into preschool in a sweater and scarf complaining how it "is FREEZING outside!" I wanted to grab her by the shoulders and shake her. "I just stopped sweating YESTERDAY dammit! Don't you dare complain about this beautiful breezy 60 degree weather!" But instead I rolled my eyes and texted the comment to a mutual friend that sweats as much as I do!