So during the days I take the littles to the parks just so we can get out of the house and perhaps make new friends who also have free time during the day. Seems that everyone I know has some sort of job now or their kids are on opposite school schedules so it's rare that I can arrange to meet someone. Invariably the people at the park are unable to make eye contact because they are on their phone the whole time so this hasn't been working out either. So different from the days when the girls were little, back before nonstop texting and internet on the smart phones.
And yes, I have a phone that can do that stuff but I'm not sure how to do the internet (Emily found that function during mass once, before I learned to leave the phone in the car and Emily in the nursery) and I have nothing worth texting to anyone most days. It is still a primitive phone though and as someone pointed out recently, they hadn't seen a nextel connect (sp?) in years. I do sometimes push that button for direct connect by accident but it doesn't work because who would I need to be direct connected to?? Sean doesn't mind text messages during the day but I feel that me buzzing into his procedure room might be a problem. "Whatz uuuuuuuuuup?! Oh, you're sticking a needle in someone's boob, sorry to interrupt."
Several people have told me that they are having trouble posting comments, sorry I am no help. I'm sure many people will want to comment on this whiny post to tell me to shut up because they wish they had time to sit at the park all day. Well, call in sick to work and come join me because I am bored!
5 comments:
Oh, I soooo get this post. Jamie isn't in any organized sports or music or anything (even though EVERYONE we know is) because she isn't particularly interested in trying out sports or music and, incidentally, I am also cheap. So, now that naps are history, I am wondering how we are going to fill the gap from 11:30 til close to 7 each day when Rob gets home. And I am also the only mom at the park or play place or kids' museum who has a phone circa 1992 that allows me to do absolutely nothing but watch my kid. Sigh. Believe it or not, school still doesn't start here for another whole week. Double sigh. We flew in from Chicago at midnight last night (don't ask) and she already wants to know where I'm taking her today.
Love the part about the phone.
Julie, when Sean was little not only did I not have a smart phone...I did not have a phone period! Nor did I have a television. For the first three years of his life! I was in Germany and FIL was in the field. But it is all in the social comparison. We were all in the same boat there. somehow I miss those days.
shawn still has a RAZR phone. as soon as iphone 5 is released i will be upgrading and he will have to choose something else. i am expecting full belly laughs when the sales people see that phone. think they know how to open a flip phone?!
Oh my Hoolesie--Bobby and I BOTH have NEXTEL direct connect. I have refused to use it thus far, but would be willing to directly connect with you! So funny...
Post a Comment