Monday, September 12, 2011

Stop singing to me!

Patrick got a bit shy at his birthday "party" and hid under the table while we sang to him. I would like to point out the fabulous cake that I spent literally minutes preparing. He asked for an ice cream cake and wanted M&M's on it so I poured some on after swinging by Freddie's to pick one up. We're not really into all the effort that is required for a real party with an actual theme and fancy cake and everything coordinating right down to the thoughtfully filled goodie bags. We need to keep expectations low around here because if you go over the top every year what do you think is going to happen when it's time to host a wedding, let alone 3? Let's not forget MTV for their role in screwing parents over everywhere with outrageous sweet 16 parties, aka the mini-wedding without a groom. Yes, we are grooming our children to ask for a destination wedding. Patrick's "destination" birthday was the circus in KC on Sunday. Photos to follow...

2 comments:

lisadst said...

Get up Patrick! you cant open your presents under there!

Katie said...

I can hear him saying "stop" and "shut up!". Did he? Hope he enjoyed the cake after all that.