But, at lunch while I was yelling for someone to come give a choking gal the heimlich, Tiffany went ahead and just did it herself and saved a life. I might add that no one responded at all, most people didn't even look over and the only person to acknowledge what happened was the manager after it was all over with. The other employees didn't even look concerned, nor did the table of businessmen right next to us. It wasn't crowded, clearly I was yelling at them to help. Nope, way to go, guys! Meanwhile in Utah a group of people lifted a burning car off a motorcyclist when they could have been blown up... just saying. Good thing I convinced Tiffany to go to lunch, huh?! End rant.
We did get our old sitter back for the weekend so I went to my first K-State football game. In the past Sean has gone with friends or taken the children. First off, funnel cakes?! Already so much better than an ND game. And we could stand up for the good parts and no one got pissed off? Interesting concept, talking to you old alums.... Also, the music situation is like comparing the boring traditional old style music mass to the contemporary mass where you can't even get a seat. No jumbo-tron at ND and no music other than the band. ND clearly feels that this is just about pure football, no need to spice it up, which may have been true in the past but now our specialty is making it really awesome for our opponents. We like to hand each team their best game of the year. Last minute wins, so exciting for them! Of course ND has plenty of traditions.... like the announcement from the Indiana State Police reminding everyone to not drink and drive, always with a painful pun that everyone laughs at. Yes, like a joke during the homily at mass..... you'd never laugh at it outside of mass... Ah, comments only an alum can make, one who is so very, very bitter that tuition/room and board are already over $50k. Need to talk up some other schools to the kids. Funnel cakes at the football game are helping...
3 comments:
LOL. You are right. I'd NEVER laugh at homily jokes anywhere else. I am always impressed with our choir director. He hears the joke four times a weekend and laughs every time. What a sport.
I am surprised that ND games don't go all out. I imagined they would. I was impressed with K-State. It was my first BIG college game and I thought all the "hoopla" was exciting. And I'm with you...the food choices helped.
Okay, I admit it, lots more ND traditions that I didn't mention and the band is pretty outstanding. Also, our female cheerleaders do push-ups better than Willie the Wildcat.
wait you forgot the traffic after am ND game or parking so far away you have to take a bus and wait 30 minutes or more for said "bus".
Post a Comment