It will of course be Kansas summer hot there the whole time, and perhaps a little warmer at points, like 118 and 90% humidity. He will eventually get his own little trailer thing to live in but I'm pretty sure they still don't let the family come over to visit. Also, I don't like to travel farther than Kansas City with the kids, learned my lesson last year going to altitude sickness Colorado.
So while our tax dollars pay for Sean's African adventure (they will fly him all over to other countries there doing various missions), they will also pay a civilian radiologist $2000 a day to fill in for him here. That is at least five times more than they pay Sean in case you were thinking that it is Sean's civic duty to go on a deployment like so many others. No, I think working for a small fraction of the civilian salary is a good way to serve our military. Too bad someone up the command chain did not feel the same. Wait until they get questioned about the hospital budget. Sean's partner is thinking this is a good deal and may volunteer for the next shift of this deployment mission. In the meantime Sean is moonlighting like crazy to boost the emergency fund as I suspect this is the summer for a new a/c unit, wheee! Think I could convince the kids to move to the basement for the summer if that happens and put off buying a new one? Then use the emergency fund for summer beers at the pool, where I intend to spend every single day....
No comments:
Post a Comment