Patrick and Emily act like some old married couple who bicker all the time. Let me point out that Sean and I are too tired to bicker so I don't know where they learned this. Emily is talking a little more these days but it's mostly so she can yell back at Patrick. They also poke and kick each other the entire time they sit on the couch to watch TV. But then they will sometimes be cutesy lovey together and have their little rituals like when I pull onto our street and Patrick unbuckles against my wishes and then goes and sits on Emily's lap and she gives him a hug and squeals. Mostly they just fight over anything and everything that the other happens to want.
We did finally have a couple days with actual snow but Patrick decreed that it was too cold to go outside (the second day it was in the 40s, hmm) and thus he only ventured to the front steps to get cups of snow. He did bring one to poor sick Emily, being sweet for a moment. I will be impressed if someone ever convinces him to go skiing. The girls volunteered to shovel the driveway and since the company we hired hadn't shown up yet I let them start and told them if they finished and we didn't need the service then they could have the money. Well, they did part of it and then it started melting and then they did a little bit more to finish the second day. And they wanted $75. Ha ha! I took them ice skating instead which they had been begging to do. We had the rink to ourselves but the girls had to learn all over again how to skate. I don't think they will beg again until next year. Now they are bickering over TV shows, computer time, and what to play together (they can never agree). I think it's time to give up TV and computer for Lent... Not me, just them!
No comments:
Post a Comment