Monday, February 20, 2012

Too bitter?

Sorry if I scared everyone with my bitterness. I really won't lash out if you see me in person. We do realize that this is by far one of the best deployment opportunities that Sean could get, just disappointing that he can't do what he does best over there. Such a waste of talent. And in case you think I am just making assumptions about Sean's skills because I am his wife and support him, he has constant feedback on the studies he reads for moonlighting and thus he has proof that he does a great job. He mostly does preliminary reads on the various studies from ERs all over the country and their staff radiologists come in the morning and do final reads on everything he has done. They are more than happy to point out any mistakes and it's pretty rare that they find anything. Now one did file a complaint because he didn't know how Sean could have called appendicitis on one study, he just didn't see it. So they followed up on the patient to see how it was resolved. Oh, it was appendicitis. So.... the day time radiologist was complaining because Sean was better than him? Hmm... Now we are just hoping that his skills don't get too rusty from not being used for 6 months.

We are planning some fun stuff to look forward to when he gets home, like a Disney trip. Will probably give the kids some time to adjust before Sean and I go anywhere without them. Plenty of bribes and TV while he is gone no doubt and Patrick will be thrilled to sleep in my bed every night. He always seems to know when Sean is working nights because he sneaks in then, so I suspect that will be a common routine. I keep hearing that I won't have to bother cooking and cleaning as much without Sean around to notice but he's not that type of husband. I cook and clean for ME. I'm that kind of crazy, have to have a clean and organized house. And I cook and clean when I am stressed so let me tell you, we are eating good right now, thanks to pinterest inspiration. And I'm doing the weird cleaning that no one notices like baseboards because it lasts longer than picking up kid junk. Hopefully our great sitter will stick around so I can run errands, workout and shower in peace. Other than that we will live at the pool I suspect and eat many meals there...

No comments: