Sean has instructed me to not tell people I will be "just fine" with him gone, for fear that everyone will know that he doesn't help around the house. First of all, people want to hear that we'll be just fine so of course that's what I'll say. Second of all, how much we will miss him is in no way related to the amount of housework he does. Complaining about how he rarely does the dishes is like giving up candy for Lent: it's something a child does. I could not care less if he helps with chores around the house, they aren't that hard to do. I can unload the dishwasher practically in my sleep and that's exactly what happens most mornings while I am making my tea and not really awake yet. I appreciate if he makes an effort to help because I know he'd rather be doing something else but instead is trying to make me happy. However, I'm not mad when I do it all myself and thus when he's gone and I will always be doing it myself, I will be fine. I will increase how much the kids help around the house though but really, that's for their benefit. Definitely easier for me to do it than train them to do it and nag them to do it...
Speaking of what children give up for Lent, Anna told me she is giving up lying for Lent. Oh good, so I can expect her to go right back to full on non-stop lying after Easter?? If only Patrick gave up some of his bad behavior...
2 comments:
I love Anna.
I swear you are living with a Ben clone. I get anxious just reading your Patrick stories. Kind of a PTS type reaction. Maybe I should send Ben to live w/you for a few weeks so you will know what you've got to look forward to the next few years. If you ever figure Patrick out let me know! Maybe it will work on Ben.
Post a Comment