Frigid temps and outdoor shopping do not go well together. I went to get us takeout and the traffic and parking and crowds were so bad that it took me an hour and a half-- and this was a mile away? I should have just driven to another area. I will never complain about parking in Manhattan again. So spoiled here that if I have to walk a couple blocks for anything I am all annoyed.
We are also stressed about army stuff and thus I didn't want to spend any money until that is resolved. Army is getting ready to waste buckets of tax dollars, due to their poor planning and their refusal to offer a proper salary to primary care doctors, most of whom endured multiple deployments. What is shocking to no one but the brilliant minds in charge, is that now there is a shortage of primary care docs. So they are going to take specialists and force them to go do primary care, in glamourous places like Korea. I know what you're thinking, hope I don't get those docs. Come on, it's only been 10 years or more since these docs have done any primary care, I'm sure they remember it all! But wait, who is filling the specialist slots left behind? Civilian contractors making $400k a year. Thank you, taxpayers! And guess what, now the specialists will all flee the army the second they can, thus resulting in a shortage of specialists too. Bravo army, BRAVO. Sean reads three times as many radiology studies as some other radiologists, so naturally it would make sense to pull him and put him in a position he would hate and isn't qualified for. Mimosas for breakfast for mommy?? No clue when we'll hear anything, 4 month deployment to Africa sounding better by the minute. I wasn't going to blog about this but thought I should so people know why I am so crabby.
1 comment:
What a crock
Post a Comment