Always sad to send guests on their way, especially ones who are so helpful and entertaining! The girls are going to be rather grumpy tonight when they get home and realize the fun has left. Thankfully dear Netflix not only sent 2 movies for the girls but threw in a bonus 3rd movie for them because they thought it would take extra long for James and the Giant Peach to arrive (they were wrong). So, I can pacify them with a movie night at least. Maybe a double feature if I am a really lazy parent.
I know many people are anxiously waiting (haha) to hear how the new waffle maker worked out and I think it was quite a success. It is the All Clad one from Williams Sonoma and if I had waited until tomorrow to order I could have gotten a $50 gift card with it. Figures. Perhaps someone else can take advantage of this bonus though, it's a great deal. I used the special waffle mix though so perhaps that is why they were so good... will have to try my usual recipe next.
As for the weekend, we took the kids to a zoo and out to lunch each day, first in town and then in Topeka. Sean had to work Saturday morning and then later went out to the "driving range" with his Dad which actually means play 9 holes at the club. Then Sunday morning they went to play Colbert Hills and decided to quit golf membership at the club and join there. Cheaper and better and hopefully ND won't find out about the donation you make to K-State to join. We will still do swimming at the club, per the children's demands.
Having just Patrick home (and no girls to keep him busy) is really cutting into my work time, so the house was not nearly as clean or organized as I would have liked, nor did I find time to bake anything. This problem won't be solved any time soon and I hope that doesn't scare off future guests! Don't look at my floors or in the pantry... and I promise to at least have caramel bars from now on!
ps in the picture of Patrick and Megan on the lion, he is trying to scoot her off of there because he wanted to be in the picture alone. All day he kept climbing on stuff and then demanding "pic" with a big smile on his face. I guess we will see how he adjusts to having to share the spotlight even more in a couple months...
No comments:
Post a Comment