I went to Hobby Lobby the other day and they were putting out Christmas decor-- and it was of course on "sale". It's been a while since I was in there, perhaps they leave it up year around? Here I was debating how early you can put out fall decor, silly me, I should have done that months ago. It was an unusually cool summer... certainly in the mood.
Anyway, I needed some marbles which is why I went in that madhouse in the first place. Megan has been needing something to play at recess that might keep her from digging in the dirt and coming home filthy, so I thought marbles would do the trick. Of course they are just the kind you are supposed to put in vases and such and on the bag it clearly states, THESE ARE NOT A TOY. It also warns that they are a choking hazard for children under 12. I guess once you hit 12 marbles just pass right through you? Megan was pretty concerned when she read this (see, be careful about pushing your children to learn to read!) and I had to convince her it would be okay. She is a rule follower to the extreme. I don't think she has played an actual game of marbles with anyone yet but she was giving them out to other kids to play with (something about how they are pretending marbles give them super powers) so perhaps she will make some new friends through bribery. Or maybe she is just in the giving mood, it is the Christmas season after all!
2 comments:
Ha! I'm sure there will be a memo coming home soon from Anna's teacher regarding sending (innappropriate) toys to school with your child. While you may be out of the corporate world, there are still plenty of memos...
I'm convinced the oldest is always a rule follower to the extreme...guess they hear all the rules first hand and then again when their siblings get into trouble? I'm always comparing notes with my friends and birth order does seem to play a big part in life...or maybe it is just those super powers the oldest gets from those marbles...
Post a Comment