It gets harder to consider moving the longer we have been someplace of course. The girls have their friends and school and activities, would hate to start all over in those departments. Most of my friends here are staying long term, unlike in Texas where so many of us moved away the same year and that made it easier to leave. Now I can always find someone to go to lunch or coffee with or meet up at the park or zoo with the kids. So many stay home moms and that is the key to sanity when you are home with the kids too. Of course the great K-State babysitters help a lot too!
It is also so cheap to live here, which is helpful after being years behind on retirement savings and college funds. I cringe to think of what we will shell out for the next house. I wasn't sure if I would find something I like that wouldn't cause Sean to choke at the price but I did.... as always, I am a huge sucker for a white kitchen. I guess I have something to look forward to if the Army agrees to move us... this is where I would be making my caramel bars to eat all by myself until I could make new friends... (my laptop would look so cute on that built in desk).
5 comments:
so who's kitchen is this?
It is an actual house for sale that I've been drooling over. The rest is just as gorgeous and the location is stellar. Sigh.
That is beautiful. I know you have always loved the white kitchen now I see why. However, I am against any move out of Manhattan.
Okay Julie - we just met you can't be leaving already - where in the world is this kitchen. Let me tell you - if you move to GA you will have many choices of white kitchens for sure. Every single one of my friends had one!
okay - jason didn't sign out so it looks like he sent the last message but it was me - carrie
Post a Comment