Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
HURL
I am reading Julie and Julia finally and having a hard time stomaching the descriptions of the French food she is making. Why in the world would you ever boil a calf's foot to make some sort of gel to put a poached egg in?? I think this book is bringing my nausea back. I am definitely more in line with Barefoot Contessa where you take good (mostly healthy) ingredients and use simple instructions to make delicious meals. If only I could find all those ingredients here.... my wish may come true next Tuesday when a hopefully better grocery store opens up. Cross your fingers! I am tired of not finding such things as skim milk and chicken breasts on the bone at our usual store. I don't expect them to have the vinegars or herbs I need, but come on- skim milk?! The perils of shopping on a Sunday night I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment