Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Can't Let Megan See This

There are many reasons I don't let the kids watch the news or read it online... so many nightmare causing stories, things they don't even know to be afraid of yet. So, when one of their nightmares does come true after I assured them it never would (much like the tornado, whoops), I have to take extra care to hide it from them. I don't know how to get links to work on here so you are going to have to google it yourself if you don't believe me, but on cnn.com the other day they had a story about a fox in London who snuck into a house and attacked 9 month old twin girls in their cribs. They were in serious condition in the hospital, luckily the mother heard the cries and chased the fox away. I am not kidding you. If Megan found this out she would insist on sleeping in Emily's room from now on as we have seen foxes in our yard. She might even start carrying a fox gun. CNN's motto should be: All the things you don't want to know (and celebrity news to make you feel good about yourself).

2 comments:

Marjie said...

OMG, Megan's nightmare came true. Don't understand how a fox could break into a house. ?? Most of us don't need to know the news. It is just upsetting/annoying and you can't do anything about it, can't fix it, can't stop it from happening again. Now th hey awful news on the Weather Channel, I just want the weather!!

Heather said...

Julie! On an almost nightly basis I have to assure Jackson that we have secures the doors and windows and animals do NOT know how to unlock and open our doors or get in the windows. You are right - those news shows should have a warning first. Sweet dreams....