Never dreamed the day would come when having a 2 year old and infant at home would seem like a vacation! I really wondered if having the big girls gone would be harder than having them here because they are helpful at times. Mostly they are helpful at tattling when Patrick is doing something naughty. Well, when Patrick is doing anything at all, oh the constant updates (worse than some people on facebook even!).
I had forgotten how much you just stay home when you have little ones because they are happy just playing around the house, no point in going through the effort to spend all day at the pool, like the big ones insist on doing. Patrick has taken a new interest in movies, Woody and Buzz Lightyear to be specific, and he loves having full reign of the big TV. Sean asked him tonight if he misses the girls and he said, "not so much yet". Not sure if he knows what that means or if he was just repeating it but it was entertaining nevertheless.
I am doing way less laundry, also helped to have Major Three-Outfits-a-Day gone for the weekend. P90X man, I hate the laundry that results from your workouts. That is laundry that can't sit around either. The house is staying clean, in fact I cleaned the girls' rooms and the bathrooms and then locked them so Patrick couldn't mess them up (and drink from the faucet). No worries, I did tell the sitter where to find the key so she wouldn't have to go the bathroom outside like the construction workers next door.
Oh, but the most amazing thing with having the girls gone this week is that Patrick slept until 9am and Emily slept until 9:30am today. Now, she was up at 1, 4, and 7, but going back down until 9:30 made up for that. She gets shots tomorrow so at least I don't have to worry about those messing up her sleeping through the night... ha ha. She has a new cheesy grin that is hilarious, squinty eyes and showing off her two teeth. Haven't caught it on camera yet but will post it when I do.
Sean is working a ton this week and I am hoping to finish Domers which was written about our freshman year at ND. I couldn't bring myself to read it until now, but having gone to the ND Club meeting last night got me in the mood finally. It's reminding me that I used to have goals, so now I am working on a list of places to go, things to do, in case we get time and energy someday for a real vacation (not just one with half the kids gone). Feel free to send suggestions!
1 comment:
where are the girls?
Post a Comment