The big girls arrived home Tuesday afternoon and it has been a blur since then. At least Nana was here to help with the adjustment. Anna quickly and frequently announced her state of boredom now that she was home and was so disappointed that I didn't just let her watch all the shows she missed while she was gone. I am certain that she's seen every single episode of Arthur so the "new" ones are just repeats of course but that won't stop her. They were so busy in Virginia that I had hoped they would be catching up on sleep for a while.
So we are right back to our summer schedule with a few random activities here and there that really add up to a lot of frequent fights to get Patrick buckled in his seat. He is finishing up "swim lessons" this morning and then we will stay to swim with friends before heading off to art classes. Somewhere in there Emily will skip a nap or two and get crabbier as the day goes on. I am wondering if caffeine would help us both. I make my own iced tea and have been doing decaf varieties (Republic of Tea is my favorite, not that they will give me a kick back if you go order any), but it is so tempting to grab the regular kind each time I make a pitcher. Must be how a former crack addict feels when they run across the old crack pipe in the junk drawer. Anyway, Emily has been so sensitive to even the "light caffeine" of green tea that I just don't risk it anymore. No point in having lots of energy to get stuff done if it results in having to carry Emily around the entire day and late into the night. I can do a lot with my one free arm but it's still a pain. But today might be a good day for both of us to be fired up as Nana left this morning and it is game on with all 4 in the rotation!
1 comment:
Good luck, Julie! I am sending "good kid behavior" vibes your way.
Post a Comment